Saturday, December 2, 2017

Dog Scootering-Hiking-Running With My Friend Margar - Cheyenne Mountain State Park 12/1/17



My friend Margar and I met sort of because of skating, but we also had homeschooling-unschooling our three kids in common. Margar is extremely athletic, so we began doing what we call "scooter-runs" in the Broadmoor World Arena Ice Hall parking lot together about seven or eight years ago. Margar would run next to me while I scootered on my Razor Lux scooter while our children practiced inside the rink.

We also have gone skiing with our families at the same time at Ski Cooper in Leadville and when the kids were younger, we got together with her family a few times.  In addition, we once went to her house for a meal so our dog Duchess could get to know other dogs when Duchess was a puppy.  And...when her family no longer wanted their classic pool table, she gave it to us, so every time we play pool I think of Margar.  One time Margar and I went to the Broadmoor Hotel (since the Cheyenne Mountain zoo was so crowded) with our kids and we played on the swings more than the kids did!  And...once in a while she puts on a pair of figure skates and skates with me.  Margar and her kids did competitive speed skating for awhile!

So much has changed in my life since Margar and I first began our scooter-runs together (by the way she bought some kick scooters for her family after I introduced her to how fun the Razor Lux was...). My kids have grown-up and don't need me to drive them to their activities, but Margar still is a very busy homeschool-unschool mom with drives a lot for her children, but she still has time for running training, hiking, singing, cooking cool vegetarian food, mountain biking, and doing work on her house. She also has three wonderful kids that do fun things with her and her husband (just like me).



Further Reading:


No comments:

Post a Comment